Initial Design Consultation
What to expect
- The meeting typically takes place at a client’s home and lasts 1.5 hours
- Walk-though of each space that needs designer assistance
- Discuss your style, needs, functionality, and determine how you prefer to use the space
- Review inspiration photos/boards (if you have any), likes and dislikes
- Designer will offer initial design suggestions and style direction, which includes furniture, paint colors, lighting and window treatment ideas
- Review timelines and preliminary budget
- Discuss design process and set expectations on working together
- Questions and answers
- Follow-up email with meeting notes, suggested design direction tailored to your space and recommended next steps
- Investment: $ 350
***Each client and project is unique, so be mindful that not all items from the list may be covered during our time together. Discussion topics will vary based on your needs.
I had just arrived back home from three years overseas and wanted to update the look of our home – from paint to furniture to wall art – and I had no idea where to start. I found Syntha through a friend’s recommendation and wasn’t disappointed. In advance of her 1.5 hour initial consultation, she gave me ‘homework’ and she also clearly outlined her fees and what we should expect. When she came to the door, I was instantly impressed by her sense of style as reflected in her appearance. I thought “if she can do the same thing for my home, then I’m in luck.” As a pragmatist, I loved the way Syntha stood in each room, instantly absorbing what our likes and needs (e.g., grandchildren-friendly home) were. She broke everything down in each room (paint, floor coverings, window treatments, furniture) and offered great ideas (with photos) and samples (e.g., paint). We now have a plan and we’re starting to implement – which I consider a huge success!